The MSDB Foundation provides funding for academic opportunity and social development for Montana’s deaf children and blind children to better prepare them for independent lives.
To lift our students beyond what the world expects.
Our Foundation’s Beliefs
As a Foundation, we believe…
- Each child deserves the right to receive a safe and fair education.
- Our students are capable of becoming productive and contributing members of society.
- Every child should have the best-trained educators.
- In closing the gap between state funding and student opportunity for success.
- We are stewards of the Foundation’s funds.
The MSDB Foundation has provided materials and equipment that has direct benefit to students and staff. Many of these supports are provided on an ongoing basis.
- Computer technology equipment
- Library materials
- An accessible playground
- One cottage wing renovation
- Job training and career preparation
- Assistive technology
- Capital improvements on campus
The MSDB Foundation supports a wide range of academic and extracurricular activities that improve the students’ social skills, self-confidence, quality of life, and education. These include:
- Games for the Visually Impaired
- Week-long summer camps for students from across the state
- Family Learning Weekends
- Field trips
- Holiday parties, proms, and a yearbook
- Individual financial assistance to students and families in need related to educational opportunities
Foundation Publications – The Express
The MSDB Foundation publishes a magazine three times a year highlighting our support of MSDB’s students, staff, and families. Stay up-to-date with the events and activities of MSDB.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
~ Helen Keller
How You Can Help
Donate to the MSDB Foundation
The MSDB Foundation depends on generous donations from people like you. We accept cash or checks in a one-time donation or a monthly pledge. Check with your employer about matching donations.
- Make an annual contribution
- Give a one-time donation and specify what you want your donation to support – technology, library books, cottage furnishings, a specific club, or other items the kids need
- Include the MSDB Foundation in your trust or will
- Assist with grants from your company, association, or foundation
- Donate in honor or memory of someone
One place to donate is here: JustGiving for MSDB Foundation
Do you shop online? Consider setting the MSDB Foundation as your charity of choice on these shopping sites:
Participate in a Fundraising Event
Fuddruckers – Every FIRST WEDNESDAY of each month!
Fuddruckers offers Burgers for Benefits on the FIRST WEDNESDAY of each month during the school year. They are honoring a 20% donation of the bill between 5-9 PM only. Please present the ticket below at time of purchase.
This ticket is good for the whole school year, so there is no need to have a new ticket each month.
MacKenzie River Pizza – Every THIRD TUESDAY of each month!
MacKenzie River Pizza and MSDB invite you to eat on the THIRD TUESDAY of each month during the school year. They are honoring a 20% donation of the bill for dine in or carry out during lunch or dinner. Please present the ticket below at time of purchase.
- November 16, 2021
- December 21, 2021
- January 18, 2022
- February 12, 2022
- March 15, 2022
- April 19, 2022
- May 17, 2022
Foundation Board of Directors
Past Board Members
This list honors past and current board members that have served for at least 5 years. Thank you for your service and support!
Montana School for the Deaf & Blind Foundation
P. O. Box 6576
Great Falls, MT 59406
The MSDB Foundation is incorporated under Montana Law (Section 20-8-111, MCA), and has tax-exempt status granted by Section 501(c) of the Federal IRS Code.
Those who wish to receive a substantial tax credit while providing gifts under the Montana Charitable Giving Act can contribute to the Foundation’s permanent endowment fund.